Eclipse MicroPen™ is a revolutionary cordless dermal micro-needling device used by skincare professionals all over the world. Eclipse MicroPen stimulates a process known as Micro-Needling, or Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars. This stimulates production of the skin’s own collagens and elastin.
Coupled with optional Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Skin Rejuvenation Therapy, the potential of your own body is used to improve the overall texture and tone of your skin, naturally. Your own unique tissue growth factors and healing properties revitalize the skin by improving blood supply and stimulating collagen formation. Wrinkles, pores, acne scars and dark spots are reduced with this treatment.
Eclipse MicroPen™ has several advantages over previous generation anti-aging tools like lasers and dermal needle rollers. Dermatologists and aesthetic practitioners choose MicroPen™ for the following reasons:
- Safety First. MicroPen is inherently safer than dermal rollers, utilizing sterile single-use surgical grade disposable needle tips. The unique features of the Turbo Safety Needle® ensure the Eclipse MicroPen™ delivers greater efficiency and superior clinical results while maintaining the highest level of safety for both patient and provider. It is also safe for ALL skin types which means it is a great procedure for almost everyone!
- Faster is Better. MicroPen’s patented high-speed motor means quick penetration by the needles. This creates a more comfortable experience that patients describe as a sandpaper-like sensation.
- Customized For You. Each patient’s skin has unique features and individual needs. The adjustable needle depth allows MicroPen professionals to customize your treatment.
- Consistent Results. Safety and control features lead to predictable, consistent results. Compared to lasers and dermal rollers, MicroPen™ is able to deliver a predictable healing experience for every patient.
How does it work?
- A topical gel is applied to clean skin. In most cases your practitioner will use a hyaluronic acid peptide gel. This is a soothing product that helps the MicroPen™ tip glide across your skin while simultaneously delivering Hyaluronic Acid (HA) – the building blocks for healthy new skin – deep into the skin.
- Your practitioner will select the appropriate needle depth and number of passes to address your skin’s specific needs.
- As the Eclipse MicroPen™ tip is applied to the skin hundreds of micro-channels or holes are created every second. These tiny micro-channles stimulate your skins natural ability to heal itself.
- This repair process begins almost immediately. Fibroblasts – the cells that synthesize new collagen – are active for up to 6 months after the initial treatment. New collagen and elastin produce softer, firmer skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, acne scars and textural issues.
Typically the skin has a nice glow to it immediately following the treatment. Results can be observed as early as 30 days.